Spotlight. Ahhh Spotlight. The last you heard about Spotlight from me was one year ago. For those who are new to this blog, Spotlight is a well-known largest fabric, craft and home interiors super store from Australia. They are now the largest in AustralAsia. Last week I went to Spotlight “Make It Merry” workshop and had loads of fun! A lot of you were shocked that I was at a Christmas décor event as it is now only the month of August. Still another quarter to go for Christmas lol.
Make It Merry workshop is for us to learn that DIY personalized gifts are not as challenging as we thought it is. As Christmas has always been known to be a time for sharing and giving, there isn’t any better way to spread the love than to create something from our own heart.
Spotlight’s very own Creative Content Manager, Nick Casey was flown in together with Communications Manager Eva Daly to be with us at the workshop. This workshop is meant to be interactive for us as we tend to prefer to pay money for a gift without realizing that Christmas gifts can be easily made using simple techniques and affordable items. This one I have to agree with Nick. Through this interactive workshop last week, besides learning how easy it is to curate personalized gifts, it is also fun too!
Spotlight Christmas 2016 line-ups offers six unique on-trend decorator colour palates for craft and home ranges.
- Merry and Bright – Besides the favourite Christmas palettes of red, gold and red, this incorporates lime greens and bright gold too.
- Crafty Nordic – Cool and camling current home decorator trends comprises copper, bronze, teal blue and washed white timber.
- Modern Party – For the non-traditional Christmas fun folks! This range incorporates pink, purple, turquoise, silver and a flash of fluoro brights. Oh boy!
- Pop of Gold – Range are from Spotlight biggest homeware Canadian partner, Bouclair. Featuring the classic monochrome black and white with a dash of gold. Completely luxe and modern.
- Sparkling Holiday – With pops of pale blue and rose pink together with lots of glitter, chandelier ornaments and tinsel.
- Nordic Getaway – Another major range from Bouclair with cosy plaid, cable knit and birch logs, together with classic reindeer motifs and a dash of retro Americana
Now let’s take a look at the table “spread” of our Make It Merry workshop.
I whipped out four simple craft work at one breath (okay maybe six breaths) as I finished one and still got lots of time left. It was quite the fun despite lacking in the creative department lol 😀 😀 😀
Merry Christmas! (in advance) 😉