Disclaimer:- The method and sequence used below is based on my own routine and on what work’s for me.
I wear make up on weekday due to work but I tried not wearing any make up on weekends. However I’m still not used to going out to the public without a single strip of foundation on my face so I decided to get a loose powder and Clinique is what I chose.
Last weekend I tracked down a Clinique Blended Face Powder with Brush #20 Invisible Blend (4.5g) sample size for just RM34. I always love buying sample size make up and skin care as they’re adorable.
Info from Clinique website:
Clinique’s signature blended powder. Loose, lightweight texture is right for every type of skin. Sets and perfects makeup, makes pores seem to disappear. Airy, skin-hugging formula delivers a reliably flawless finish.
Skin Types: All
Formula: Loose powder
Benefits: Oil control, Natural skin-perfecting look, Mineral enriched
Products used today before brushing on the loose powder.
1. I cleanse my face with Clarins Purifying Cleansing Gel.
2. Applied Clarins White Plus HP Whitening Pure-Aqua Lotion.
3. Next is Clinique Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream.
4. Applied Clarins Shaping Facial Lift using Manual Auto-Lifting method.
5. Followed by Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase.
6. Next up is Clarins Pore Minimizing Serum to lock all the goodies in at the same time to minimize pore visibility and flawless skin.
7. Then I applied Clinique Repairwear Contour at my jaw and neck.
8. Lastly, I applied Clarins UV Plus HP Day Screen High Protection Tinted Version.
9. I finished it off with Clinique Blended Face Powder with Brush #20 Invisible Blend.
A quick look on the set.
|Clinique Blended Face Powder with Brush #20 Invisible Blend (4.5g) sample size.
|The powder is in light brown. It’s quite full for a sample size.
|The retractable brush bristle is very soft and work just like kabuki brush in my humble opinion. As I’m new to using loose powder, I took some time to get used to it.
I must say I’m pretty impressed with this. It does cover well but of course it couldn’t cover my pimple breakout lately and doesn’t cover my pores. My pores look so visible but that’s not the reason why I bought it so I’m not really bothered. If I want to cover up my pores, I’d use my 2-way foundation. It does make me look a bit white after application but once the powder sets in, it’s blended in with my skin tone.
Oil control is pretty good! I had a little shine on my nose after 6 hours of application. And I need not to blot as it’s very minimal.
Here’s the happy me. My blusher is too sheer and doesn’t appear well in the photo. Oppss.
1) Good price for a huge trial item which comes with a brush!
2) Superb oil control loose powder and makeup stays matte all day with minimal blotting (1-2 times per day).
3) The powder is so fine and soft.
4) Brush included is soft and easy to use.
Cons: (although I couldn’t find any)
1) There’s a funny smell on the brush so I would suggest you to wash it first before using.
2) The powder is lightly scented. I couldn’t find the exact word for the scent but I don’t like it. Just hold you breath when you’re working with the brush near your nose? Lol.
I would definitely re-purchase this trial set when I finished this! It makes my makeup look so matte and I only need to blot maybe one to two times when I work and I need not worried about my face looking shiny all day long.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored review. I bought the product on my own.