I decided to post this up eventhough it has been a few week since Kanebo Cosmetics Inc. announced their voluntary product recall early July 2013. Reason being is that I find that the product list posted by every other portal is different from the one I have from Kanebo press release.
I will separate the press release into two. Do read entirely 🙂
Kanebo Cosmetics Inc., Lissage Ltd. and E’quipe Ltd.
Kanebo Cosmetics Inc., Lissage Ltd. and E’quipe, Ltd. have decided to recall the brightening productsfrom the Japanese market containing the quasi-drug ingredient Rhododenol 4-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-2-butanol. The voluntary recall wasinitiated after a discovery that consumers who have used certain brightening products manufactured and sold by Kanebo Cosmetics Inc. and its affiliates Lissage Ltd. and E’quipe Ltd. have reported the appearance of white blotches on their skin. The brightening products in question all contain Rhododenol. Rhododenol is an active quasi-drug ingredient approved by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare in accordance with the Pharmaceutical Affairs Act after passing extensive safety tests. As long as there is the possibility of a connection between Rhododenol and the symptoms mentioned above, Kanebo Cosmetics Lissage Ltd. and E’quipe Ltd. have decided to voluntarily recall all of their products containing it.
Kanebo BLANCHIR SUPERIOR:
– White Deep Clear Conditioner (all 7 items)
– White Deep Milky Conditioner (all 3 items)
– White Deep Night Conditioner (all 4 items)
– White Deep Mask
– White Deep UV Day Protector
– Whitening EssenceTWANY:
– Esthetude White Lotion (all 6 items)
– Esthetude White UV Protect Serum
– Esthetude White Clear Tight Mask
-Century The Lotion (all 2 items)
– IC White Lotion (all 2 items)
– IC White Emulsion (all 2 items)
– IC White Fit Mask 3D
– Granmula Lotion
– MCT Whitening Essence
– White Skin Maintenizer (all 8 items)
– White Whitening Repair Cream
– White Trial Set (all 4 items)
-Beauté Circu Lead
– Skintuner Brightening (both 2 items)
– Intensive Brightening Essence
– Whitening Repair Essence
– Whitening Lotion
– Whitening Barrier Emulsion
RMK (E’quipe Ltd.)
e’quipe Ltd., (e’quipe) has announced a voluntary suspension of three RMK Brightening skincare products containing the ingredient Rhododenol. This is a precautionary measure from e’quipe, following recent reports of consumers in Japan suffered white blotches as a result of using brightening skincare products from other brands of group company Kanebo Cosmetics containing Rhododenol.
Relevant products are:
1) RMK Skintuner Brightening Moist
2) RMK Skintuner Brightening Light
3) RMK Intensive Brightening Essence
Having passed extensive safety tests, Rhododenol 4-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-2-butanol, an active ingredient, was approved in 2008 by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare in accordance with the Pharmaceutical Affairs Act.
No similar case of reported symptom after using the above mentioned RMK products has been found in other trading countries than Japan domestic market and the connection between Rhododendol and the symptom is under investigation.
No other RMK products are affected.