I love love love cleanser. And I love drugstore cleanser especially the one from Oxy. Just earlier this month Oxy came out with a HOT PINK new cleanser. The Oxy Ultimate Cleanser is a 8-in-1 multi-action cleanser for acne, blackhead, and oily skin. Phew! That is one hella lot claims Oxy!
I was excited when I get this from the mail. First of all, the hot pink. I know, silly me. But you know pink and white is like my most favourite colour 🙂 . And Oxy is a known brand for problematic skin. Recently I have been getting bumps and breakouts, which I have no idea what causes it. So this cleanser came at the right time.
The most common skin problems especially for us in a hot and humid country are oily skin, acne, and blackheads. Having an oily skin alone cause trigger other skin problems such as pimples, acnes, and blackheads. That is why Oxy came out with this Ultimate Cleanser. It is a 8-in-1 Multi-Action Cleanser that claimed to clear, fresh, and give blemish-free skin with 8 multiple functions.
What are the 8 multiple functions? Are you ready? This is a lot to digest. Even for me lol.
- Fight pimples – with Isopropyl Methylphenol, and anti-bacterial properties.
- Anti-blackheads – by removing dead skin cells and trapped dirts.
- Unclog pores – unclogging pores by penetrating deep down.
- Removes excess oil – cleanse dirt and remove excess sebum which causes pimples by penetrating deep into the pores.
- Deep cleanses – cleanses the skin gently to clear pimple-causing impurities.
- Moisturizes skin – with Sage Extract, Seaweed Extract, and Olive Oil to prevent dryness.
- Soothes skin – with Dipotassium Glycyrrhiznate to soothes irritated skin.
- Refreshes skin – with menthol for instant cooling sensation.
The cleanser comes in a semi-hard texture, very easy to squeeze out from the soft tube. It does not contain any smell at all, which surprises me.
Oxy Ultimate Cleanser foams up pretty well. It is just nice and not too foamy. I certainly did not expect the cleanser to contain menthol so I was literally shocked to wake up in the morning when I used the cleanser for the first time haha! The cooling sensation only kicks in on full force during rinsing. I was in a semi-wake state at that time and I thought what happened to my face. Thank goodness my eyes were shut tightly as I can feel the menthol on my lid. So my advice when using this cleanser is to be aware not to let any water or foam seeps into the corner of your eyes. After using this cleanser for the next consecutive days, I actually like it very much. I am not so much of a minty or menthol person but this cleanser is the first cooling cleanser I have used and I like it. I loveeee the “wake me up” cooling sensation it gave to my skin. It is definitely refreshing to use.
Disclaimer: Product was sent to me for review consideration. This doesn’t affect my judgement in the review in any way.